I told you I would follow up with specific marijuana culinary recipes friends. So here we go! I am a fan of soups, curries, and sautes when it comes to adding flowers. I will walk you through my curry chick pea ganja! I’ll also give you a few recipes from other green chefs that I also find appetizing. You want spices and flavor to accent flowers in cooking; otherwise you have an out of place overpowering accent that don’t mix.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A bunch of chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lake sea salt
- 2 cups raw chickpeas
- 1 1 /2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 grams your select kief or flowers
- Soak the raw chickpeas overnight 8 to 12 hours to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. There is some controversy on this. Some say its not needed if boiled at a high enough temperature or if cooked in a slow cooker for a long period. For me if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. It’s been working for me for close to twenty years.
- Rinse the chick peas and bring to a boil with 1 1/2 cups water. When pre-soaking legumes less water is required for cooking. While the chick peas are coming to a boil, lightly saute the onions, garlic, and ginger in the coconut oil. Hopefully you chopped that up beforehand. As the chick peas come to a boil reduce to medium low heat and add the onions and garlic. Add the special cannabis ingredients and cover. This will take about 40 minutes to cook.
- While that is boiling, chop up the kale I know you forgot about. You want to add this at the end so you get maximum nutrients and don’t boil it to death. Watch the chick peas. As water boils out, add the vegetable broth as needed. Add the seasonings, salt, and coconut milk with 20 -15 minutes left in the cooking process. This is a simple guide. You can add garam masalas, turmerics, adabos, or whatever seasonings as you learn what works for you. With a few minutes left to cook fold (that just means stir it in) the chopped kale into the chick peas and turn the heat off. Remove from the burner and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- This dish will go excellent with quinoa or Madagascar pink rice. The mix of spices and flavors will blend with the flowers to make each dish a unique creation. Check this out for more details about dosing when creating culinary delights. https://www.cannabischeri.com/food/recipes/marijuana-soup-vegan-vegetable-soup/
- I have also found a few other recipes you all may enjoy. Mentioned above for dosing, this writer gives us a winter vegetable/empty the fridge of any fresh vegetable soup as a great and simple meal. Check it out at https://www.cannabischeri.com/food/recipes/marijuana-soup-vegan-vegetable-soup/.
- As an 42 year old athlete who shall never retire, bone broth soup is an elixir of life for me. A great fall back for protein on the go. This recipe infusing cannabis is a beautiful concoction. https://recipes.laurieandmaryjane.com/cannabis-infused-bone-broth/
- Lastly enjoy this old school classic cannabis twist on butternut squash soup. https://theweedblog.com/marijuana-recipes/how-to-make-marijuana-butternut-squash-soup. Disclaimer, this is only a base recipe. This recipes sounds bland. I can’t give you all my secrets but I would add some cayenne, garlic, and a touch of cinnamon as well as a dash of nutmeg. Burn and get Baked y’all!