Let’s be honest, putting on your chef’s hat and apron is all the more fun when cannabis is involved! With a plant as diverse as cannabis making its way onto the shelves of thousands of dispensaries across the U.S., it’s not surprising that more canna-connoisseurs are getting inspired to incorporate the green herb into their daily meals.
Whether you’re a first-timer in the cannabis-themed kitchen or an experienced cook who wants to diversify your menu for friends and family, the following recipes are worth a try:
1. Cannabis-Infused Brioche French Toast
This yeasted French bread is the perfect mix between bread and cake. Light and fluffy, brioche is ideally toasted or sliced and served with a hot beverage. By adding a dollop of cannabutter, you can load up on cannabinoids while satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon homemade/dispensary-bought cannabutter
- 3 large eggs
- 4 slices of brioche
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Crème fraîche
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- While the oven is getting hot, combine the jam and cannabutter in a bowl.
- Slice a 2-inch hole into the side of each brioche slice, before stuffing it with the mixture.
- Blend the eggs, granulated sugar, cream, and ½ teaspoon of fleur de sel in a bowl.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- Soak each slice of stuffed brioche in the mixture and cook over a moderate heat in the skillet.
- Once browned, place the French toast on a baking sheet and bake for five minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Transfer to cool plates and dust with a blanket of confectioners’ sugar.
- Slather with crème fraîche and strawberry jam.
- Add some citrus flavor with a sprinkling of lemon juice, dust with fleur de sel, and enjoy.
2. Lemon Cheese Cheesecake
If you’re a fan of the “Lemon Cheesecake” hybrid marijuana strain, you’ll love this cannabutter crust-infused lemon cheesecake recipe. A blend between Lemon Skunk and Cheese, the lemon cheesecake strain can be incorporated into this simple recipe using a concentrate like rosin, kief, hash, or hash oils.
- 5 tablespoons melted cannabutter
- 3/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 large eggs
- 350 grams sugar
- 260 ml sour cream
Instructions for the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spritz a 10-inch pan with low-fat butter or cooking spray.
- To prepare the crust, thoroughly combine Graham cracker crumbs with melted cannabutter until the texture becomes crumbly.
- Spread the mixture across the pan with your hands and make sure the edges are thicker than the center.
- Carefully use your fingers to press the mixture 1/4 of the way up the side of the pan.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F, and bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown.
Instructions for the Filling
Apply For Your Medical Marijuana Card Today
Veriheal has satisfied hundreds of thousands of patients nationwide
- Get approved or your money back
- Appointments available on-demand
- Customer support available 24/7
- Wrap a pan in foil and cover with an oven roasting bag.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until a soft and smooth texture is reached.
- Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla. Continue mixing until fluffy.
- Thoroughly beat eggs into the mixture individually, before adding the sour cream.
- Place the foil-wrapped pan in a roasting pan filled ⅔ with boiling water.
- Pour the prepared cheesecake filling into the pan and flatten the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours and allow the cheesecake to cool after turning off the oven.
- Transfer the entire cheesecake to the refrigerator, slice, and decorate with the toppings of your choice…
3. Herbed Salmon Made With Cannabis-Infused Butter
Smoke-free, versatile, and enriched with vitamins, cannabutter can be used to produce a wide range of edible cannabis dishes. Add a bit of omega-3 to the mix with a herb-encrusted salmon filet and you’ve got a match made in heaven.
- 1 pound of boneless salmon filet with skin
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon dill fronds
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups rock salt
- 1 teaspoons roasted/ground garlic
- Preparation for this cannabis butter-infused herbed salmon dish must begin one night before the meal is served. Take this time to mix the roasted garlic, fennel, thyme, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture over the salmon and rub lightly to ensure the fish is suffused with flavor.
- Cover the marinated salmon in Saran wrap (plastic wrap) and allow to season overnight in the refrigerator.
- The following day, remove salmon from the fridge, unwrap, and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Scatter rock salt across the base of a cast iron skillet to a depth of ½ inch.
- Position salmon filet on top of the salt with the skin facing down.
- Bake slowly inside the oven for 25 minutes, or until the skin is pink and transparent.
- Cover with foil for five minutes after removing from the oven.
- Unwrap the foil and smear cannabutter across the salmon.Serve and enjoy!
4. Quinoa Salad with Cannabis-Infused Vinaigrette
Packed with fiber and protein, quinoa is a gluten-free whole grain that can be blended with leafy greens for a nutritious snack. Maximize the overall flavor and nutritional profile of quinoa salad by drizzling it with zesty lemon cannabis vinaigrette.
Cannabis-infused Vinaigrette ingredients:
- Cannabis-infused olive oil
- Cannabis sugar (add sugar to a strained mixture of decarboxylated cannabis and alcohol, before baking at 93°C/200°F and leaving to cool)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- White balsamic vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Minced and granulated garlic
- Granulated onion
- Crushed red pepper of your choice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 oranges
Instructions for Cannabis-infused Vinaigrette
- To prepare the cannabis-infused vinaigrette, whisk all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a jar, shake to mix, and serve/store in the refrigerator.
Instructions for Salad
- Combine the sliced shallot, arugula, quinoa, and lettuce in a large bowl.
- Mix the Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and vegetable broth together.
- Toss the salad with the combined ingredients, before garnishing the salad with sliced oranges.
- Add extra flavor and a dollop of cannabinoids with the cannabis-infused vinaigrette, before serving to guests
5. Cannabis-infused Sushi Rolls
Enjoy elevated Japanese cuisine from the comfort of your home with this lip-smacking recipe. A potent source of antioxidants that may help to prevent cancer, these cannabis-infused fish sushi rolls are also a powerful source of calcium and protein.
- Bamboo rolling mat
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- 2 saucepan
- wooden spoon
- sharp knife
- 1 peeled and pitted avocado
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cannabis oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce for dipping
- ⅓ cup spicy mayo
- 6 sheets sushi-grade seaweed paper (Nori)
- 2-3 cups sushi rice
- ½ lb. sushi-grade raw fish (of your personal preference)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Pickled ginger
- Begin by washing the rice in a strainer, before adding it to a saucepan filled with water.
- Stir the rice with water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Allow to slow cook for 20 minutes until the sushi rice pieces are tender.
- Restore burner heat settings to medium.
- Next, add the cannabis oil, sugar, salt, and vinegar to an empty saucepan. Mix thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Leave the sauce to cool for at least five minutes and drizzle over the cooked sushi rice. Once the sauce is fairly absorbed by the rice, it is ready for the sushi preparation phase.
- Place one layer of the Nori onto a bamboo mat. Spread an even layer of sushi rice onto the sheet with a spatula.
- Cover the entire sheet of sushi rice with thinly sliced sushi-grade fish. You may also opt for steamed fish, depending on your personal preferences.
- Slather a layer of creamed cheese and avocado over the fish.
- Finish off by rolling the cannabis-infused sushi into a tight wrap and slicing into even segments.
- Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.